We are an informal group of 20 or so sketchers, all at different stages of development, who meet every Wednesday throughout the year. We meet for a coffee at different cafes in Winchester at 10.30 a.m. and then sketch around the area, meeting back at 12 noon to share our work. There is no membership fee – just the price of a cup of coffee or tea – and all you need to start is a pencil or pen and sketchbook. We are not formally affiliated at present to the national and international Urban Sketchers network (http://www.urbansketchers.org/) but we follow their philosophy of seeing the world one drawing at a time and share their manifesto:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The ‘Recent Posts’ menu on the side (or scroll down) has galleries of different locations in Winchester together with a contact page. Click on any image in the galleries to enlarge and scroll through.
Next Meetings: Our venue this Wednesday 3rd Jan (and all Wednesdays in January) is No. 5 Bar, Bridge Street, Winchester:
Wendy Couchman, Simon Churchill, Cheryl Jennings