Our usual calendar of meetings has been suspended during the coronavirus lockdown. We have started to meet again out of doors, following the rule of 6. For weekly update of venues check our Urban sketchers winchester page on Facebook:
We are an informal group of 20 or so sketchers, all at different stages of development, who meet every Wednesday throughout the year. We meet for a coffee at different cafes in Winchester at 10.30 a.m. and then sketch around the area, meeting back at 12 noon to share our work. There is no membership fee – just the price of a cup of coffee or tea – and all you need to start is a pencil or pen and sketchbook. We are not formally affiliated at present to the national and international Urban Sketchers network (http://www.urbansketchers.org/) but we follow their philosophy of seeing the world one drawing at a time and share their manifesto:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
We publish our sketches and activities on Facebook at the following link:
Meeting dates: click on the Calendar of Meetings tab in the menu.
Administrator: Joanne Seward.